What are the components of the blood that I need to know about?
– You need to know about blood plasma, white and red blood cells and about how the blood clots.
What do I need to know about blood vessels?
– You need to know the structure and function of capillaries, arteries and veins.
What parts are there to the human digestive system?
– Food is taken in through the mouth, down the oesophagus and into the stomach. From here it passes into the small intestine where nutrients are absorbed and then into the large intestine where water is absorbed. The waste is then stored in the rectum before passing out of the body through the anus.
What causes cancer?
– There are many different types of cancer with many different causes. What you do need to know for your GCSE Biology exam is what lifestyle factors increase the risk of cancer such as smoking and alcohol and a poor diet.
What parts of a plant do I need to know about?
– You need to understand how plant cells are arrange into tissues and then into organs before creating the two organ systems, the root and the shoot system.
What do I need to know about the brain for my GCSE Biology exam?
– You need to know about the functions of three key areas of the brain; cerebral cortex, cerebellum and the medulla.
I do combined GCSE Science, do I need to know about the eye?
– No, but if you do triple Science, then you will need to know that the eye. You need to know how the eye adapts to bright and dim light, including how the structures like the retina respond and the role of the optic nerve.
– GCSE Biology Exam Questions By Topic