1. Maths Made Easy – GCSE Maths Revision Guide: Higher/Foundation – for the Grade 9-1 Course – For Edexcel, AQA and OCR
The MME GCSE maths revision guide covers the entire GCSE maths course with easy to understand examples, explanations and plenty of exam style questions. We also provide a separate answer book to make checking your working easier!
2. GCSE Maths Edexcel Revision Guide: Higher – for the Grade 9-1 Course (with Online Edition) (CGP GCSE Maths 9-1 Revision).
CGP books are always one of the books that people turn to when looking for a revision guide. This is because they are consistent and always give a good coverage of the course. They may not be the most comprehensive but if you are looking for a maths revision guide then the cgp books are a safe bet. Due to this the cgp maths book currently in our number one spot is the GCSE Edexcel Mathematics revision guide for the 9-1 course.
3. GCSE Maths Edexcel Complete Revision & Practice – Grade 9-1 Course – Higher and Foundation
In second place is another cgp maths book. This is a complete revision guide and workbook and offers more than the book in number one place, but as it is a combined book it tends to have less content and doesn’t provide enough examples to really help you practice the GCSE maths course comprehensively, which is the only reason why it doesn’t make our top spot.
4. REVISE Edexcel GCSE (9-1) Mathematics Higher and Foundation Revision Guide
This maths book is written by an independent author and mathematician, Harry Smith. The book is really effective as a GCSE maths revision guide and it also has online learning materials which are good maths resources for teachers. The entire GCSE maths higher course is covered for the Edexcel board and all areas from algebra to vectors are covered with good explanations. A minor criticism is that this maths book doesn’t contain more examples of level 8-9 question types that do appear in the past papers so for this reason although the book does say it is for 9-1 we do.
5. GCSE Maths AQA Revision Guide: Higher and Foundation – for the Grade 9-1 Course (with Online Edition) (CGP GCSE Maths 9-1 Revision)
This is the first GCSE maths foundation book to enter our list. Making a GCSE maths foundation book may seem easier than a higher tier book because there are fewer topics to cover and they are generally less difficult; however there needs to be better explanations of how to complete each topic type as well as different ways to communicate the key points. This cgp maths book does this well and covers the key areas of the maths foundation course for AQA. So if you are looking for an AQA GCSE maths foundation revision guide then we recommend this cgp maths book.
Whichever GCSE maths revision Book you decide to use, the most important thing is that you learn how to use them effectively. Developing learning techniques and ways to memorise methods is crucial. And remember, the best way to revise GCSE Maths is through practice. See our full list of GCSE Maths revision materials to help you prepare for your GCSE Maths exams.
GCSE Maths Formula Sheet£1.99
- All major GCSE maths topics covered
- Practice questions and answers on every topic
- Higher and foundations cards available
- All exam boards e.g. AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC.